Complimentary Certified Dementia Practitioner Training hosted by Seniors Helping Seniors
October 28 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
Register today to be one of the fortunate healthcare professionals to attend this FREE
National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners’ Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Care one-day seminar.
Your attendance is compliments of Seniors Helping Seniors. Attending this seminar saves you the cost of $250.00, which is the cost to attend plus the handbook.
Upon completion of this seminar, if you qualify, you may submit an online application along with $135.00 payment to receive your credentials as a Certified Dementia Practitioner.
When: Thursday, October 28th, 2021
7:30 AM – Sign-in, Coffee, & Continental Breakfast
Seminar begins promptly at 8:00 AM (lunch will be provided)
Seminar ends at 4:00 PM
Where: Seniors Helping Seniors, 330 Bear Hill Road, Suite 305, Waltham, MA
Attendees must be fully vaccinated.
Although any healthcare professional may attend, this course is required for anyone pursuing their credentials as a Certified Dementia Practitioner.
You will receive a hard copy Student Handbook.
Contact Hours are available for Nurses only through the CEU Network. The attendee may apply and submit $32.00 separately.
The modules that are to be covered by your instructor are:
- Overview of Dementia / Alzheimer’s Disease: Diagnosis, Prognosis, and Treatment
- Tests and Evaluations used for Dementia
- Feelings and Repetitive Behaviors
- Wandering, Hoarding and Paranoia and Hallucinations
- Intimacy, Sexuality, Aggressive Behaviors and Catastrophic Behaviors
- Depression and Alzheimer’s Disease
- Personal Care; Pain, Nutrition, Bathing, Dressing, Toileting, Eating, Swallowing and Sleep Disturbances
- Activities & Alzheimer’s Disease Calendars
- Environment: Changes that make a difference
- Staff and Family Relationships
- Stress and the Caregiver
- Multicultural Considerations
- Pastoral Care and Preparing for End of Life
Instructor: Tammy Pozerycki, BC-DEd, MA, CADDCT, CFRDT, CDP, COTP
Dementia Specialist, Owner, Educator, and Consultant
Alternatives in Alzheimer’s Care, LLC
Note: This event will be limited to 20 participants due to size limitations, so RSVP today!